Visit Ellie in Brussels or Strasbourg
I believe a key part of my job as an MEP is to help bring the West Midlands and Europe closer together. One way I can do this is by inviting people to visit the Parliament and see how it all works. So I am always delighted to welcome constituents to visit the European Parliament in either Brussels or Strasbourg.
Visits can include:
- A visit to the Parlementarium, the Parliament’s visitor centre in Brussels;
- A peak inside the Hemicycle and Greens/EFA group room (depending on the Parliamentary timetable);
- Breakfast, coffee or lunch with me in the Parliament’s canteen (depending on my schedule);
- Q&A with a member of my staff team; A visit to the excellent House of European History museum, just next to the Parliament in Brussels;
- A chance to explore the beautiful city under your own steam.
If you’d like to bring a group to visit, please contact Helen Heathfield, my Constituency Coordinator:
I’m sorry but I cannot provide any funding for such visits.
However, I am able to fund 36 ‘sponsored visitors’ in October. The European Parliament provides funding to enable each MEP to bring 110 visitors to the EP each year, and this translates into 36 ‘sponsored visitors’ for each UK MEP before 31 October. I am using this funding mainly to enable young people to visit the Parliament, with a particular focus on two groups: young environmental activists, and young people who’ve never previously had the chance to travel to Europe. I will bring all 36 sponsored visitors to Brussels on 8/9 October. The Parliament is in session on 9/10 October, so the group will be able to sit in the Public Gallery for the Opening Session.
Applications for these sponsored places are now closed: we have 36 amazing people coming! We are now inviting people who would like to come on a self-financed visit to join this fantastic group, there are just a few spaces left. Please fill in the form below, and we'll let you know if you've been successful by the end of Friday 20 September.
Information on the outcomes of the visit will be available in October.